Library story time helps children get ready to read and supports the important role of parents and caregivers in early literacy. We offer weekly story time programs geared toward specific stages of childhood development.
Monday with Teddy: Baby Story Time
A lapsit story time for babies (birth to 18 months) and their caregivers. Hear simple stories and practice songs, rhymes, and baby sign language. Stay to play!
Toddler Tuesday Story Time
A story time designed for toddlers 18-36 months (new walkers and talkers) and their caregivers. Enjoy fun stories, songs, and rhymes. Stay to play!
Thursday Preschool Story Time
A story time designed for preschoolers age 3-6 (confident walkers and talkers). Caregivers are encouraged to join in the fun! Enjoy stories, songs, and rhymes. Stay to play!
About library story time
- Library story time runs throughout the year, with breaks in August, December, and late April-May. Check out the Calendar of Events for our current schedule.
- Library story time takes place downstairs in the Hogan Activity Room. The programs are free; no registration required.
- During the fall, winter, and spring, enjoy a 30-minute interactive story time followed by 15 minutes of play (babies and toddlers) or craft time (preschoolers). During the summer, enjoy a 30-minute story time downstairs, then stay to play and explore in the children's area upstairs.
- While we plan story time for specific ages and stages, older or younger children in your family are welcome too.
- For more information visit the Children's Desk, contact us by email, or call us at (574) 267-6011, option 5.