Login using your WCPL barcode number
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is a service that allows our borrowers to request items from Indiana libraries or libraries across the country. If WCPL does not own a particular item, our Library can request it through a worldwide network of libraries. The item is then sent to WCPL for the borrower to use.
SRCS, Indiana’s Statewide Remote Circulation Service, links together the catalogs of multiple Indiana libraries into a single interface which allows authorized users to search the library collections of over 150 Hoosier libraries and then to place requests for materials owned any of those participating libraries.
-- SRCS is good for loanable items. You will not be able to use SRCS if you need a copy of an article. Please contact the Reference Desk if a copy is needed.
-- Not all Indiana libraries are participating in SRCS. If an item is not available through SRCS, we will also search these other Indiana libraries as well as out-of-state libraries (through WorldCat).
There are some restrictions on the ILL service.
- We can request books, audiobooks, and music CDS. Videos/DVDs & Video Games may be requested through SRCS, but it is unlikely we will find a library willing to send them. Videos/DVDs & Video Games will not be requested through WorldCat.
- Mailing fees are charged for materials from out-of-state libraries. A normal-sized fiction title usually costs around $3.15. Fees of $1.00 per item/per day will be charged on overdue items.
- Libraries typically will not send any title that has been published less than 6 months ago. Please use a Suggestion for Purchase form if you are interested in a new title.
- The ILL service typically takes at least two weeks.
- A borrower may have up to 5 active requests at any given time.
- Any borrower using the ILL service must have a valid WCPL library card with less than $5.00 in fines. PLAC cardholders should use their home library for ILL service.
Stop at the Reference Desk, or call 574-267-6011, if you are interested in requesting a title through ILL.