Are you in need of the perfect book to get you through the Dog Days of summer? Having trouble finding it?
Lucky for you, we can help by recommending a fantastic book. Between all of us who work at the library, we're bound to know one that will be the perfect fit. Call in at 574-267-6011 or come and ask us at any desk for a recommendation. Recommending a book is one of our favorite things to do, so don't be shy! My recommendation for Young Adult-Science Fiction lovers, and my favorite recent read is, Aurora Rising, by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. It was a blast to read and filled with outer-space, adventure, action, and laughter.
We can also show you how to find that perfect book on our many online platforms. Libby is pretty easy to navigate and you can filter by whole genres. Follow the tutorial at the bottom of this blog for easy step-by-step instructions with pictures. If you want to look for a specific book or author, just type it in the search bar at the top when you're on the "Library" tab.
Maybe that perfect book was just added to Libby, check our recent purchase list right here to see what's new! Again, don't hesitate to ask anyone at the library for a recommendation. We would be thrilled to help!
Instructions for browsing a whole genre in Libby:
1. Click the "Library" tab at the bottom left.
2. Select the "Explore" button on the top right:
3. Choose out of the "Explore" list what you want to see. I recommend choosing "What's Available" so that you will only see things that you won't have to put on hold.
4. From there pick the format you want:
5. Then click "more" to see all the genres available:
6. Pick the genre you would like to browse:
7. Pick that perfect book and enjoy!